WANT YOUR CHILD TO LEARN ABOUT PROPER NUTRITION?
Childhood is an exciting stage of life where many changes occur as the child moves through the different phases. There is also numerous physical and physiological changes that occur.
In order for a child to grow optimally, the need sufficient rest, a balanced nutritional diet full of vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients and adequate exercise for motor skills development, self esteem, etc.
Proper nutrition is essential during childhood so that a child grows optimally (height and healthy weight), concentrate at school and does not have any nutritional deficiencies.
Why is good nutrition important for kids and teens?
- Growing bones and muscles. During the period of birth to 5 years the human body goes through it most rapid growth. Good nutrition is vital to support that growth.
- Prevent obesity. Childhood obesity is becoming a real problem in South Africa and across the world. Being overweight as an infant increases the risk of being overweight as an adolescent and adult. Obese children is also more likely to develop a variety of health problems as adults and some children even develop lifestyle disease during childhood.
- Prevent Nutrition Deficiencies. Variety of foods is important to make sure your child is getting enough vitamins and minerals.
- Learning concentration. A child’s performance is very much related to the child’s eating habits.
- Creating eating habits for life. Good nutrition is important because during childhood life long habits are formed.