MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY!
During a busy morning, it is easy to let breakfast fall low in your priority list, but taking just a few minutes to eat something can really make a difference to your day.
Try to start your car without petrol. Your body is the same, without breakfast your body is running on empty. Breakfast – breaking the fast! Breakfast provides the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast.
A healthy balanced breakfast makes you feel and function better during the day.
Make sure you eat a variety and keep it interesting. You do not need to eat a bowl of cereal every morning.
Remember PORTION CONTROL is just as important, because eating too much is just as problematic as eating no breakfast.
So what should a breakfast consist of? Include a protein good starch and some fresh ingredients.
Breakfast should be eaten within 2 hours after waking.
Benefits of eating breakfast:
- Breakfast provides us with essential nutrients and energy.
- Breakfast is good for the waistline. Research shows that those who eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to reach for high sugar and fatty snacks mid-morning.
- Breakfast can improve memory and concentration. Just like any other organ in the body, the brain needs energy to work.
- Studies has also shown that eating breakfast can make us happier and improve, improve mood and lower stress levels.
- Eating breakfast is also a great way to spend quality time with your family.
● Avo on wholewheat toast ( enjoy with a low fat / fat free yogurt and a small portion of fresh fruit salad)
●Peanut Butter on wholewheat toast (serve with a low fat/ fat free glass of milk & fresh fruit)
●Cereal and fruit (low fat unsweetened cereal with low fat/fat free milk and serve with a fresh fruit)
●Cooked oats with low fat/ fat free milk, served with sliced banana/strawberries/ papaya and sprinkle some cinnamon over
●Omelette filled with spinach, peppers, mushrooms and a dash of cheese (preferably cottage cheese)
● Scrambled eggs seasoned with fresh herbs served on a slice of wholewheat toast. Enjoy it with stir fried mushrooms and tomatoes and ad a fresh fruit.
KEEP CALM AND ENJOY BREAKFAST!!